Many types of PIV systems, such as standard 2D-PIV, Stereo 3D-PIV, micro PIV, Time resolved PIV, etc., are available. Each system consists of different components. The integrated PIV software Koncerto controls all the components and analyze the velocity field.
- Standard 2D-PIV system
- Capable of measuring 2 velocity components (u and v) in a plane defined by the laser light sheet. It consists of a double pulse laser, a double shutter camera, BZ-60 light sheet optics, TT1680 timing controller, Koncerto software, and PC. Typical time resolution is 10 Hz.
- Stereo 3D-PIV system
- Capable of measuring all 3 components in a plane defined by the laser light sheet. It consists of the second camera, Scheimpflug camera mount, calibration target in addition to the 2D-PIV system. Typical time resolution is 10 Hz.
- Time resolved PIV system
- Capable of obtaining very high time resolution up to around 50 KHz. A high speed video camera and a high repetition rate pulse laser are used.
- Micro PIV system
- For microfluidics such as MicroTAS, Lab on a chip, etc. An optical microscope is used. Piezo electric focus scanner is available.
- Confocal Scanning Micro PIV system
- A high speed confocal scanner and a high sensitivity high speed video are used. It obtains very high spatial resolution in Z direction. Piezo electric focus scanner is available.